We know that currently in the market, there are too many variations present in the category of cooking pans. These variations or varieties can easily confuse an average person who doesn’t know about different types of pans. Therefore we have decided to introduce this brief but in-detailed post on this topic by discussing the different types of pans and their advantages. If you want to know more about this topic, make sure to stick with this post until the end.
But before we want to let you know, we have picked some of the most famous pans in this post and how those pans can help you while cooking.
Saute pan is one of the most popular types of pans in the market, and people usually prefer to buy this type of pans for mainly sauteing and browning of food. However, there are some other possible uses also present that you can use a saute pan for.
- Saute pans usually offer a larger surface area and bigger capacity than the others; it only happens because of the flat and large bottom.
- You can use a saute pan for various cooking purposes such as searing meat dishes, baking., sauteing, browning, etc.
- The sides of this type of pans usually have medium to a bit deeper and straight. This type of design seems perfect for a saute pan and its uses.
- If you are making a saucing dish, so a saute pan can help you to reduce the liquids from the dish as you want.
Frying pans or skillets are the most common kitchen tool or utensils that you can easily find in any kitchen. It’s because there are a variety of dishes present that you can make with a frying pan at home. Other than the versatility, there are some other features or advantages also present that a proper frying pan can offer to you.
- A typical frying pan or skillet usually comes with the shallow design with proper round shape and curved sides.
- The shallow design makes it perfect for the food frying purposes, so if you have decided to fry the chicken, meat, or vegetable, then no other pan can serve you better than frying pans.
- If you want to prepare a dish for that you need a pan that can help you retain the nice moisture in the dish, in this case, a frying pan can offer this feature.
The roasting pans usually don’t come in round shapes like other pans. But it is quite essential for a roasting pan because it can offer the experience to a user like he/she is roasting the food on the grill. If you want something that can offer the roasted meat or vegetables identically like you usually roast on the grill, in this case, you should always give a try to the roasting pans.
- The roasting pans usually come in the squarish shape; actually, this type of shape makes them perfect for food roasting purposes.
- Talking about the sides of this type of pans, you will find that the roasting pans come with straight sides and a bit deeper design.
- It can help you keep the liquids away from the meat and vegetable’s surface during roasting, and as a result, you will get the black lines like you have roasted those vegetables or meat pieces on the grill.
You may have seen this type of pans in any restaurant or the kitchen of a professional chef. Most people use this type of pans when they need to stir any food item on the higher temperatures. However, these pans are not that common in each kitchen, like the other pans, but the pans offer amazing features.
- Most of the time, the stir-fry pans come with the in-depth design and curved plus sloped sides. The curved sides of this type of pans allow you to turn of stir food while you are stir-frying the vegetables, meat, and other food items.
- These types of pans are mostly beneficial for directly using higher temperatures and higher stove flames.
- Usually, these pans come with the stainless steel and other alloy material, which provides the even heat distribution features to these pans.
These pans look more like the actual water boiling pots because of the design that they come with. However, these pans are the most commonly found in the kitchens. And there are higher chances that you have one of the saucepans in your kitchen as well.
Below you will find some of the fantastic advantages of the saucepans.
- These pans usually come with the more in-depth and straight sides of design that seems perfect for a saucepan.
- If you are making a saucy dish and want to retain the right amount of liquids and moisture in that dish, a typical saucepan can serve you better in this situation.
- Because of the straight sides, and deeper design, you can use it for various tasks, such as boiling water, making different sauces, etc.
- Mostly the saucepans come with the lid option that can enhance your cooking experience with these saucepans.
Grill pans look more looks like the portable grilling tool, but the only difference is that you don’t need to mess up with the actual grill and the smoke problems for grilling something. Many people prefer to buy this type of pans because they want something that can fulfill their grilled food requirements without messing up with the actual grill.
- The grill pans mainly come with the shallow and not that deeper design. It is quite essential for a typical grill pan, and you should always look for this thing first.
- It requires very less amount of liquid and oil to roast the meat or vegetables. Ultimately it becomes the pan that provides you grilled food to maintain your health.
- After roasting with this type of pans, you will get a similar meat or vegetable piece with black linings as it grilled on the actual grill.
A kitchen is incomplete without these pans. I hope soon you will buy one for your modern kitchen.