Are you a beginner in the world of baking? Don’t worry; we are here to guide you through the prerequisites of baking! Baking becomes easier and more effective when you have enough idea about the tools that are going to be used. Yes, we are talking about ‘the pans’.
Pans come in many varieties. This is because of the vastness in the genre of cakes. To bake a perfect cake, you must know which pan to choose. We are going to discuss the differences between a round cake pan and a springform pan. Let us get started
|Round Cake Pan||Springform Pan|
|Buy From Amazon||Buy From Amazon|
Round cake pan
- Round pans are the most basic pans. They were the first cake pans to be discovered. Other pans are the modification of these pans.
- Round pans are available in three different sizes; 4 cups, 6 cups, and 8 cups. When measured in liters, they are 0.96, 1.4, and 1.9.
- Some people measure it in aspect of diameters. They come in diameters 8-10 inches. All of them have a depth of 1- 1.5 inches.
- The round cake pan is usually preferred for baking layer cakes.
- They are made from different materials. It entirely depends on you to choose one. Metal, aluminum, stone, glass, stainless steel, and silicone are some varieties in it. Scratch-free round pans are also available.
- It requires to be lined by a parchment paper to make it non stick.
- Round cake pans can be used in convection and cooker too. It is the best method of baking for beginners.
- Once the cake is baked, it is difficult for you to flip it. This disrupts the shape of the cake. This is a con in round cake pan.
- Round cake pans are mostly available in a combo. In this way, you can get 2-3 pans at a reasonable cost.
- Round cake pans range anywhere from $5 to $35. It is easy to fulfill your baking desire as it is a budget-friendly pan.
Spring form pan
- These pans were a great invention in the world of tiring baking processes. It is easy to bake with a springform pan
- It does not only help to bake normal layered cakes. But, it also helps to bake tasty and delicious cheesecakes.
- These are available in two different sizes; diameter of 9 inches or 10 inches. The depth ranges between 1.5 to 2 inches.
- Springform pans are available in many shapes such as square, rectangle, and round. This helps you to bake the cake of the shape which you desire.
- Also it needs to be lined by a parchment paper. Pre greasing is required. A non-stick pan eliminates the need for this step.
- Springform pans are easy to handle as they come with a ring and a base. This avoids flipping the pan upside down. In this way, the shape of the cake is preserved.
- They are also made from tin, aluminum, stainless steel, and a few other materials.
- The average price of a springform pan is anywhere in between 13$ to 35$. This is slightly on a higher side.
Which one of these two pans is better?
- If you are a beginner, choosing a round pan as a baking option will be much better though springform pan offers various features to protect the shape of the cake. But to be advance, you need to learn the basics.
- If you want a budget-friendly pan, we advise you to go for a round cake pan. If you do not have any budget limit, then choose an ideal springform cake.
- You must choose a pan according to your utility, baking a cheesecake is easier in springform cake. If you want a creamy layered cake, go for a round pan.
At last, don’t forget its all about your personal choices. We hope this editorial helped you a lot. Thank you!