What is a Muffin Pan? Its Uses and Advantages
Do you like cup cakes? Then you must be a fan of muffins as well. They are made using cake batter, egg and yeast as a rising agent. The only difference between the cup cakes and the muffins is there is no topping for muffins, whereas the cup cakes are frosted or there is icing on top of them. Kids just love muffins and they are available in many different flavors in the market. People of all age groups love them.
You need not have to go out to a bakery in order to buy the muffins of your choice. It is one of those simple recipes that can be easily made at home. All you need is batter and muffin pans. Usually, people think that it is the right oven and the right recipe that can help you in making the best muffins. But along with that, you need the right cookware as well. Without muffin pans you will not be able to get them right. Just have a look at the pans in the market and you will be surprised to see so many different options available in the market.
The muffin pans are made of different kinds of material like steel, aluminum, silicone and cast iron as well. Each type comes with their own pros and cons and hence you need to compare them and get the best that suits your requirements. They are usually in rectangular shape with muffin molds. You can easily place them in the oven and cleaning process is also easy if you are choosing the right material. Always go for dishwasher safe material if you are using a dishwasher at home.
There are many uses and advantages of buying muffin pans and here is some information related to it.
Uses of Muffin pans
Here are some of the best uses of muffin pans, apart from making muffins…
- Frozen soup: Hot soup one cold winter evening is one of the best things you can do. But winters always make us lazy and you will not be in the mood of cooking. So, you can make one or two pots of soup in advance and freeze them with the help of muffin pans. You can remove those cubes and place in a freezer safe bag. Store this bag in the refrigerator and you can heat one or two cubes whenever you feel like having a cup of soup.
- Oversized ice: Making ice in the ice tray is very common, but if you wish to make oversized ice cubes, then you can make use of the muffin trays.
- Mini meatloaves: Meatloaves are all time favorite for many people. So, if you are also one of them, then you can prepare the meatloaf recipe and bake them in the muffin pans. You can take them out and let them cool. Now place them in a freezer safe bag and keep them in the refrigerator. Now you enjoy your favorite meatloaves whenever you wish to. Just heat them in the microwave and enjoy.
- Bread bowls: Making bread bowls is very simple with the muffin pans. You can use them for garnishing or even like dips. Just reverse the muffin pan and spread the dough over the molds and start the baking process. Once it is done, they are easy to remove and you will be able to enjoy the best bread bowls.
- Store small items: Even when your muffin pan gets old, you will still be able to use it. You can place it on the table for storing small items like paper clips, tacks, sewing pins, or other small items.
Advantages of using Muffin Pans
There are numerous advantages of using muffin pans and here are a few of them for you…
- Affordable: When you are baking muffins at home, you are saving a lot of money. It is going to cost you high when you buy them from a bakery near you. But when you make them at home, you can prepare a lot more with the same price.
- Healthy food: When you are buying muffin trays, you can check for yourself whether the pans are made of BPA-free and food grade quality material or not. That way, you can be sure that you are eating healthy food and not something full of toxins.
- Flavors of your choice: When baking muffins at home, you can try different flavors that you or your kids like the most. All the flavors may not be available all the time in the bakery, but they are never out of stock in your own kitchen.
- Easy to make and clean: With muffin pans it is very easy to make muffins and you will also be able to clean them easily as they are all mom-stick pans only. You can even clean them in the dishwasher if they are dishwasher safe.
Whatever you are choosing should meet your requirements. You cannot just pick any muffin pan that is available in the market. Silicone muffin pans are the most popular products these days as they are light in weight, easy to clean, microwave safe, non-stick and they last for a long time as well. Along with all this, they are available at affordable price and made of BPA-free material as well. So, it is good if you go for silicone muffin pans. But you can even consider other options. Just compare them and then you can make the right choice.
As there are multiple uses of muffin pans and so many benefits of using them, you should get muffin pans today. Cook the best muffins for your kids and they are going to love them. If you are not sure how to use muffin pans or how to make muffins, then you can take help of the internet. They are hundreds of articles and videos on the internet. You will become master in making muffins in just no time if you follow the instructions in them very carefully.
- Read Also: Muffin Pans Vs Cupcake Pans