What to use if you don’t have a Bundt pan?
Bundt pan is the demand of the generation! Baking has gone to an extreme new level. People are experimenting with new things every day. Bakers initially began with the invention of the round cake. However, as time advanced, the discovery of new pans and ingredients lead to different kinds of cake recipes. One such recipe is made possible with the help of a bundt pan. Making ring shape cakes is now easier than ever. Bundt pan has an exclusive structure with a hole in the center. It gives a perfect cake for weddings, birthdays, and any other celebrations.
These types of pans are available in different sizes and inner ridges. When you flip out the cake after baking, it gets an aesthetic ridge design at the top of the cake. These pans are ideal for baking coffee cake, rum cake, fudge cake, and fruit cakes. Even if you want to consume this cake without icing, it will look beautiful. Icing and some topping makes it alluring than ever.
However, if you want to get a bundt pan finish looking cake, you can make it without investing in a bundt pan as well. We know how you would be reacting now! Yes, it is possible to make a bundt cake without using the pan. We are going to tell you easy alternatives for making bundt pancake at home. So, without any further delay, let us get started:
For achieving the bundt pan baked cake look and taste, you can either make a bundt pan on your own or substitute some other pan in place of it. Let us look at both the ways, one after another:
How to make a bundt pan by yourself:
To make a bundt pan by yourself, you will require the following things. Make sure to gather these things near your work area. It will make the work hassle-free and easy:
- Round cake pan
- Recipe batter
Now, let us get started with the steps of creating a homemade bundt pan:
- Take a round cake pan and clean it thoroughly. After it dries, put the ramekin or glass in the center of the pan. It will give the appearance of a hollow center of bundt pan to your cake.
- Next, make sure to weigh down the glass so that it does not move from place. Any dislocation of glass from its position will damage the cake shape. Therefore, fill the glass with dry beans or anything else to weigh it down.
- Now grease the outer surface of the glass with butter along with the interior of the pan. It will prevent sticking of the cake. Thus, it facilitates easy flipping out of the cake.
- When the cake is fully baked, take it out of the oven. It’s time to flip now. First, you require to take the glass out from the center. Do not be harsh while removing it. Gentle twisting will readily get it out of the pan.
- Once you remove the glass, it’s time to flip the cake. Take a plate and place it on the top of the pan. Turn the pan upside down & the cake will come out of the pan.
- If it sticks to the pan somehow, even after the application of butter, take a knife and slide it gently on the sides of the pan. It will prevent the cake from sticking on the sides.
What else can I use in place of bundt pan?
a) Round cake skillet:
We have already mentioned the technique of baking a bundt cake with the help of a round cake skillet. Let us move forward with a few more alternatives.
b) Muffin tin:
Muffin tins are exciting alternatives for bundt cakes. It makes it easier for many people at once to consume without destroying the shape of the cake. To make a 12 cup bundt cake batter, you will need around 15 to 20 muffin tins. Pour the batter inside the muffin tin and place it inside the oven. These little muffins bake more readily than cakes. Therefore, 15 to 25 minutes would be enough. To check if the muffin is prepared or not, use a knife or toothpick.
c) Tube pan:
Many people confuse the tube pan with the bundt pan. It is due to the similar structure they possess. The tube pan also has a tube-like projection at the center of the pan. However, the only difference is the absence of ridges and designs in the bundt pan that makes it unique. Most of the tube pan and bundt pan come in similar volume ranges. Choose ideally to prevent your ingredients from wasting. After baking, you can design the top of the tube pan with icing. It will give you a look similar to the bundt pan.
Adding creativity to life never goes in vain. You must learn to live in every situation & to tackle life with plan B. Therefore, cooking a cake without a bundt pan is an achievement. Happy baking people! Thanks for giving your precious time.