Have you ever felt a longing for a delicious sweet dish just after waking up from a refreshing nap? Yes? But then there comes a situation when you wish to make a pie and fall short of cookwares. Baking is a perfect option to satisfy the urge of your taste buds. As the summer season is on, you get a lot of time to experiment with dishes during the vacation. Most of the people have a desire to make pies; unfortunately, they don’t have proper appliances. The lack of cookware makes them use the regular pans for baking, and then you end up making an unappetizing pie.
Baking and cooking by yourself increases your confidence in the cooking domain. But, when the outcome is unsatisfactory, you might start to question yourself. To avoid this while making a pie, the first step would be; to involve a pie pan, otherwise known as pie plate in your cookware collection. Making a crispy pie with soft insides could be a challenging job for the newbies. The culminating necessity is having the right tool for baking, and you’ll be shocked to know; but, the pan is the only requirement here.
Making a crusty, delicious, and perfectly baked pie does not take a lot of effort. Pie pan comes in a variety of sizes and materials. One should always select the best size and substance of the pie pan. It helps to intensify the taste and presentation of the pie. The controversy of best pan among the varieties is always going on among the bakers. To solve this topic loaded with confusion, we are here to help you with pie pans. We will be addressing a few major points related to pie pans. Make sure to browse the article till the end.
What is a Pie Pan?
Pie pan is a cookware that helps you to bake a pie perfectly. It is a circular, slanty edge dish with a smooth/ fluted rim and a shallow depth. The rim design is necessary to secure the crusty edge of the pie. Pies are the sweet dishes that consist of savory ingredients inside them. Pie pans are also commonly known as a pie plate or pie dish.
Pie pan comes in a few varieties in sizes and depth; the most basic one measures 9 inches diameter and 1- 1/4 inches deep. The average pans measure 9- 10 inches and 1/2 deep, while the smaller ones are 4 inches and 1/2 inch deep. The variety in sizes allows you to select a pan according to the ingredients you use. These pans also have a difference in materials such as silicon, ceramic, stainless steel, cast iron, porcelain, wood, silver, glass, brushed steel, and aluminum. All of them provide a specific characteristic to the pie.
Let us look at few uses of pie pans & mode of use:
As the name suggests, the most fundamental use of a pie pan is to bake a pie. But there are a few other dishes that can also be baked in a pie pan. Let us have a detailed look:
- Pies are perfect and extremely delightful to consume in every season. The best use of a pie pan rests on your recipe; you can make an apple pie, custard pies, peach pies, maple banana pies, and many more. The pie dish does not only fulfill your sweet tooth desire, read the next point to know more.
- Most of the people don’t know about this but, pie pans can also do things other than baking. You can also use a pie pan to make non-veg recipes such as chicken pot pie, crab pie, beef nacho pie, tourtaries, tomato baked fish, meat loves with bacon topping, and many more.
- A pie plate can also be used to prepare tart recipes. Not only this, but you can also use the pie plate for baking cake.
So here were some uses of the pie pans. Therefore, a pie pan can be used multipurpose. Cooking experts suggest that it is very essential to include a pie pan in your cookware.
Advantages of a pie pan:
As we have already mentioned the uses of a pie pan; other than this, there are a few advantages also that a pie pan offers to its users. Let us have a look at a few of them:
- To start with, pie pans are very lightweight to carry and handle. You can easily carry it and place it inside an oven.
- The maximum oven-safe temperature is also moderate. You will not have to worry about the damage of the pans.
- Few pie pans have perfect edges that will give the best shape to your pie.
- It is very easy to clean these pans. You just have to wash it with hot water and there you go, all the stains will vanish!
=> Check This Also: Pie Pans Vs. Tart Pans: Which Is Better?
Pie pans are a great option to include in your kitchen. It will eliminate the need to spend lots and lots of money on ordering your favorite pie. You can easily cook it on your own whenever you will crave for pie meals. We hope we made everything clear about pie pans.