What is a Popover Pan? Its Uses and Advantages
Muffins are one of the most popular baked foods that everyone loves. But if you are looking for something similar but with crispiness on the outside and light and airy from the inside, then you should try the popovers. You must have tasted them at a restaurant or bakery near you. Nothing can beat the taste of these fluffy popovers. But you are going to love them more if you taste the freshly baked popovers. That is possible only if you can make them at home. It is not a tough job, as you just need to make the batter right.
But along with the batter, you will even need the right popover pans for making them. The right sized oven and the right popover pan can make you fall in love with this small fluffy food. If you are planning to make them at home, then why do you get a popover pan? They are available in different sizes and shapes. The popover pan looks more like a muffin pan, but the molds of the popover pans are much deeper so that the popover is crispy and dome-shaped. The molds are attached to a wired rack, or you can find in track shape as well. Whether you are choosing the wired rack style or the tray-style, you will have to make sure that the heat is circulated uniformly to all the molds so that the popovers raise well.
These popover pans are also available in many different sizes like the number of mold or cups attached to the tray. You can now pick a tray that suits your requirements. But you should also keep the size of your oven in mind. You will be able to find them in heavy steel, cast aluminum, and cast iron as well. But cast iron popover pans are said to make the best popovers for you. They may be hard to find, but if you find them, then you should grab them. If you cannot find them, then cast aluminum is a good choice.
Here are some of the uses and advantages of popover pans:
Uses of popover pans
- When making popovers, it is very important to get them rising and soft. Only with the use of best popover pans, you will be able to make the best popovers.
- You can use these pans for freezing soup for later use. Make soup and pour it into the pan molds and freeze. Now take them out and store in the freezer-safe bag. Microwave them and enjoy a hot soup whenever you wish to have it.
Advantages of popover pans
- You will be able to make the best popovers with the popover pans, crispy from outside and fluffy from inside.
- They are available in different sizes that make it easy for you to make popovers in large quantities at a time.
- You can buy them for any cookware store as they are easily available.
- They are easy to use as you just need to grease them and fill in with popover batter.
- You can clean them easily, and most of them are dishwasher safe. So just leave the popover pan on the top layer of the dishwasher for cleaning them.
Always make sure that you are checking all the features of the popover pans. There are several options in the market, and hence you need not have to compromise with just any product that is available in the market. Make sure to do some research before you make the right choice. The Internet can be very helpful when you are looking for popover pans. Check the reviews of different brands and then make a choice.